We are firm believers of recycling, reusing, re-purposing, especially when it comes to creating art, or in this case, new tools for creating art.
Kaboose offers a fun way to recycle your broken crayons into fun shapes and create brand-new crayons for your kids! You can also attach them onto gifts as a colorful decoration.
- Several old crayons
- Assorted cookie cutters or candy molds
- Old sauce pan or tin can for melting crayons
- Aluminum foil
How to make it:
- Take the paper off of the crayons and put them in an old saucepan. Or put the crayons in an empty tin can and place the can in a saucepan filled with water.
- Melt the wax by turning the stove on low heat.
- Place the cookie cutters on a sheet of aluminum foil. Pour the melted wax into assorted cookie cutters. You may need to hold the cookie cutters down to keep the melted crayons from running out.
- Wait for the wax to set, then cool, and pop your brand new crayons out.
See Recycled Crayons for another way to make new crayons from old.